Monday, August 13, 2012

Hitting the Reset Button

I have re-purposed this blog so many times, I'm not sure I can even remember why it was brought into existence.  As I thought about why I can't make up my mind for this blog, it donned on me, maybe it is because God has continuously re-purposed me multiple times.  Maybe a better way to look at it is, I continuously try to put what God wants me to do into perfect little categorical buckets, and all He wants to do is have an avenue to speak about whatever and whenever. 

In celebration of this realization, I will be re-purposing this blog one last time.  This will be the last time I need to hit the reset button for what God wants to specifically talk about through me.  In fact, I don't think God wants me to be so one sided in His conversation.  Sure, my conversations with God maybe played out in the words that are written in this blog, but they should not be finalized with a punctuation.  They shouldn't just stop with the last period I put onto the sentence.

Have you the desire to have "cage rattling" conversations?  Do you have questions that you feel have never been answered?  Do you want to speak in an environment that shows no judgement, that will not jump to any conclusions?  Well, this is the right spot for you.

Some of you may know that I have two ministries I like to lead called Theology on Tap and Theology on Caffeine. Their purpose is similar in nature to this blog, in that they are environments where all walks of life should be able to come and enjoy the fellowship with God and His creation.  The individuals invited to these ministries are not meant to be just Christians.  They should be open to anyone seeking or wanting to question without being given the, "I can't believe you don't know that answer to that" type of response.

God has hear by re-purposed this Blog to be Theology on Blog.  It should be a continuation of the purpose of the other two ministries.  Sure, I'll be blogging my thoughts, but God asks that you ask questions as you have them.  Do not be afraid...if you do not challenge yourself by even questioning what is preached to you, you may find yourself being led by dogma or theoretical theology that not all agree on, which will only frustrate you.  Will we find all the answers, I can't answer that, but I do believe God will let you know if it really matters or not based on the type of answer you may NOT receive.

God loves you, me, and everyone.  We are all brothers and sisters in Christ.  Let us treat each other accordingly.  Please join me and all the fellow individuals that care to contribute.

God's Peace and Love to you all.

No comments: