Thursday, March 13, 2008

The prologue into my journey…

March 11, 2008

As I rode the bus this morning, I took out my 2008 Daily Text devotional bookj for the first time. The 2008 Daily Text was something I had purchased from my church, as a medium to help drive me to start making and reading my way through the Bible. Take a note that it is March 11th, and I had yet to start my journey through the Bible. I had good intentions last year in 2007 to start the same journey, as I had purchased the Daily Text book then too. As I pulled it out this time, I felt like something or someone was pulling at me to start again. Being a Christian, you would think I would have automatically contributed my feelings to God and or the Holy Spirit trying to tell me something. Without the connection being made yet, I started reading my Daily Text and found that the Daily Text starts its readers at the beginning of the Old and New Testament. If read continually, it will help guide its readers through the Bible in a year. And as I read, my mind started working and piecing together the message I was being given and by whom it was being given. God had, like many other times in my life, how many I do not know, spoke to me through my heart. He was telling me, start this journey, but do not only read about My Word, meditate on it. Start fresh with words and thoughts. Write it down, think, ask, pray, and you will be surprised at what you will learn. So, here I am. I have decided to keep this journal to help drive me and sustain my ambitions to read through the Bible and keep an open heart so that I may strengthen my faith and learn something new through the eyes of God. I want this to be an open door of words and wisdom provided to me and driven by God and the Holy Spirit. As I take this journey, I invite God and the Holy Spirit to fill me with their presence and guide me. With this said, I pray…Dear God, I ask that you fill me with Your Spirit. Walk with me and talk with me daily, and fill me with the nourishing bread of Your Word. Instill in me new knowledge and understanding to strengthen my faith. Help in preparing me to become a disciple of You to others. Through Your name oh God and through Your son Jesus the Christ, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I ask this of You…Amen

- Through thought, word and deed, I will be You Lord God, and Your son Jesus Christ, with the help of the Holy Spirit…Amen

No comments: