Monday, April 7, 2008

Genesis 41 * Matthew 13:1-32 * Psalm 12

Genesis 41 Reflections
As we read Genesis 41:38 - 39 38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? 39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath showed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:, we continue to see the blessing that can and will be showered upon us when we put our full trust and faith in the one true god. Through the past few readings, we see the type things that happen to Joseph throughout his life. His bothers hate him, conspire to kill him, instead sell him off, and he ends up in prison. Throughout all of these events, Joseph's faith in the god of his fathers never fails him. Some of us may go through life experiencing similar tales of sorrow and heartache, but through what we read in God's word, by staying true to Him, we will receive blessings that also extend farther than the life we currently lead. Regardless, after reading Genesis 41, I find myself looking to God and thanking Him for all that He has provided for me and my family. I thank Him first and foremost for the relationship and bond that He has set up between He and I. I thank Him for the family and friends and brothers and sisters in Christ that He has surrounded me with. I have realized more and more as I mature in my age, all of the blessings I receive are not going to be tangible blessings that are material in nature, but blessings that enrich my life through experiences I have and the relationships I am bless with. Keep your faith in God, no matter what difficulties you may go through. No matter what, God does not forget about you, even if you may think He is not listening. Stay steadfast in your love for Him, and He will provide you with blessing upon blessing, and remember the biggest blessing we are to receive is yet to come.

Dear God, I thank you for the blessings your shower upon me and my family daily. I ask that in times of trouble, you send your Spirit to fill our hearts, that we may stay true to you and not forget your love. Keep our hearts in your mind, and fill us with solitude in our times of trouble. I ask this in Your name and Your son Jesus Christ...Amen

Questions for follow up:

Matthew 13:1 - 32 Reflections

Many of us love a great story. To take that a step further, we all love great stories, especially the stories that are based on truth or are full of significant meaning. The great thing about today's reading is, we get a great view into how Jesus thinks and why he preaches the way he does. Have you ever found yourself sitting in a lecture hall with a multitude of people, with this person just speaking up on the stage, about what, you can not remember? Going to college, I attended a few classes that were of such nature. Those classes were much more interesting when the professor told a story that related to the subject we were learning. They some how were able to draw your attention and increase your perceptions, allowing you to retain what the professor was trying to teach us. Early on, we see that Jesus had the same understanding of how people would learn and retain the knowledge of who he was and why he was here. When you read Matthew 13:13 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand., we see this. I have found, through my journey, I have reached a new understanding of our Lord God and His son Jesus Christ, by reading His word and meditating on it. I have read and be taught many of the parables before, but I have never asked God to be with me to help understand them. But, I still say, the effectiveness of Jesus approach in teaching us, still works today. Read and enjoy the word and the parables set in front of us. Because, if we have ears to hear, let's open them and see what we might learn.

Psalm 12 Reflections

- Through thought, word, and deed, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I will be You Lord God, and Your son Jesus Christ...Amen

No comments: